My entire childhood passed in a desperation to sip a cup of coffee. My parents would never allow me to taste their cups of coffee and of course who would allow a toddler?
Well, as I grew up I use to sneak into the kitchen at night smelling that jar of coffee and even licking the coffee grounds.
Ewww…I know it sounds as bitter as it tasted back then.
However, my craze for coffee turned me into a coffee nerd by the age I was 20 and I ever day I would try something unique and different with my cup of coffee.
Sometimes I’ll make it light, sometimes strong, I would mix different additives and was always up to discovering a new flavor out of it.
So much so, I even tried adding yogurt in my coffee…Just kidding!!!
Anyhow, I recently discovered this simple yet very delicious Iced Coffee recipe and thought to share it with you guys.
Iced Coffee Recipe
You’ll need some simple ingredients to make this iced coffee brew.
- 6 ounces of strong brewed coffee and well chilled
- Handful of ice cubes (I normally freeze leftover coffee in cube trays and later on I get coffee ice cubes)
- 1 ounce half-and-half or to taste cream, milk, flavored coffee creamer or any non-dairy milk
- Sweetener as per taste. I normally use simple sugar or vanilla stevia. You can pick your favorite one
- Whipped topping. My choice is coconut cream but once again it’s up to your taste
- Garnishing: For with pinch dark chocolate shavings
- Squirt of chocolate syrup, optional but it adds a great taste
- 1 ounce Frangelico, optional
How To Prepare?
Once you have brewed 6 ounces of strong brewed coffee pour it in your favorite coffee mug.
Add the ice cubes or coffee cubes.
Now take the cream, pour it in a separate bowl and add the sweetener. Mix it well.
In another bowl or cup, add coconut cream and squirt of chocolate syrup. Whip it well until fully mixed.
Finally pour both the ingredients to coffee and garnish with the chocolate shavings.
Tune your favorite TV channel, sit on the sofa and enjoy your delicious iced coffee.
A common misconception we see is people think iced coffee and cold brew coffee as the same. Both are different.
Iced coffee is simply pouring, or chilling out your regular brewed coffee where as in cold brew, you actually use cold water and a special technique to extract the flavor from coffee beans. It takes several hours. I’ve discussed it in detail in one of my posts.
Do let me know if you like this iced coffee recipe in the comment section. Don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Hey guys, also don’t hesitate to share your favorite coffee recipes with me. I’ll be more than happy to try them out and add them to my posts.
Do check out my recent post on the best coffee makers you should have in 2018 to brew a delicious cup of coffee every time.