Smoothie drinks are delicious, especially if coffee is added to it. Well, instead of your pounding on load of calories after your workout, try out this special iced coffee protein shake that is delicious as hell. It is low in calories, high in protein and could be a perfect morning pick as well. I use it after my workouts.
It may not be very sweet as your regular post-workout; you can always add a bit of extra sugar if you like to.
Iced Coffee Protein Shake
This recipe is for two servings. You can share it with somebody at home. One serving has approximately 115 calories which is good to go.
- You will need 2 cups of ice
- ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup cold brewed coffee (unsweetened)
- 1 chopped frozen banana, and
- 1 scoop of protein power, any flavor would do
How to Prepare?
Take a blender and add all the ingredients in it altogether. Now turn on the blended and mix them well.
Always start with less ice in the beginning and keep adding more until you get the consistency you prefer.
You can also add a bit of plain Greek yogurt or peanut butter to make it thick and frothy.
- Try pureeing this recipe with unfrozen banana and then pour ice over it. This will reduce the serving size
- You can mix your favorite ingredients as well like unsweetened cocoa powder, flax meal, coconut milk, oatmeal, chia seeds, peanut butter, etc.
- Make sure to add protein power you like. If its taste is overwhelming, you can cut the scoop to half and add some plain Greek yogurt instead
- Instead of sugar, I would recommend adding more banana if you prefer a sweet drink. Frozen bananas tend to make the shake creamier and it is a great way to satisfy your appetite after a workout
So, that’s it coffee nerds. This is a really energy boosting and high protein iced coffee protein shake with only 115 calories per serving.
Don’t be afraid to try some new ingredients in it and make your shake frothier, delicious and appetizing.
Do share it with your gym buddies and let them know about this protein shake as well.