With time passing, my love for coffee is increasing to an insane level. I’ve been trying some crazy things with coffee at home and this classic sour cream coffee cake is one of my inventions I recently came up with and would like to share with you people.
Well, it took me around 3 hours to brain storm it and them gather up the stuff, but ideally it wouldn’t take more than 1 hour, 40 minutes of total time.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This delicious coffee cake has a crunchy brown sugar with nut and spice filling layer and then baked in rich sour cream.
Here is what you need to start.
You need these items for the filling:
- ½ cup of packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 ½ tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tbsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 ½ tsps. Vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
Light Brown Glaze
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 to 2 tbsps. Of milk
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
How To Prepare?
- Start by heating the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit and grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan. Alternatively, you can use 10-inch angle food tube cake pan.
- Take a small bowl and mix the filling ingredients. Once mixed, set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set it aside
- Take a large bowl and beat granulated sugar, ¾ cup butter, 1 ½ tsp. vanilla and eggs using an electric mixer and medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Also, beat in flour mixture alternately with the sour cream on low to medium speed
- Take 1/3 of the batter and spread it in pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 of filling and repeat this process twice.
- Finally, bake it for 1 hour. A good way to know is to take a toothpick, inset it near the center and if it comes out clean, means your cake is ready. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes and finally remove pan from the wire rack and cool for another 10 minutes.
- While the cake cools down, take a 1 ½ quart saucepan and heat ¼ cup butter over medium heat until it gets light brown. Remove it from hit and then stir powdered sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. Then stir in the milk, 1 tbsp. at a time until it becomes smooth and thin to drizzle. Drizzle your cake with glaze and get yourself ready to enjoy it.